Competency Management Workshops
Face to Face Training, When and Where You Need It
Avilar offers a variety of customizable workshops, some of which are described below.
These can be delivered at your location, on your schedule, if desired.
CM 101: Competency Models that WORK
Competency management is central to all learning and talent management initiatives, yet leaders in many organizations fear that developing a competency model is too complicated, expensive and time consuming. This workshop will help you develop a cost-effective competency model by breaking down the complex process into a practical set of specific actions to make this process work for your organization. You will learn how to align your competency model with your organization’s strategic initiatives, develop a comprehensive project plan, use a variety of techniques to gather and refine competency definitions, develop a structure that will accommodate current and future needs.
CM 201: Putting Competency Management to WORK for Your Organization
You’ve developed your unique competency model. Now what? This workshop will assist you to develop a plan for testing and validating your model and for implementing and evaluating a competency management application. Case studies of organizations who have used competency based employee selection, development planning, career planning, performance management and succession planning will be used to identify best practices in validation and implementation. (View the workbook Table of Contents.)
The Competency Management Blueprint
Avilar’s Competency Management Blueprint is a packaged service that includes:
- A workshop with the leadership of your organization to determine how Competency Management can better align the workforce to overall business goals.
- A review of opportunities to reduce costs, avoid costs, and generate additional “top line” business value in each stage of the Competency Management process.
- Identification of processes that can be enhanced by new technologies or solutions.
- A customized 1000-day plan to determine how to rollout Competency Management technologies, services and solutions. The solutions are prioritized based on the order in which they should be implemented in a phased approach.
- An objective review of your current HR technology and applications.
Please email or call 410-290-0008 x 705 for more information about workshops.
Prefer an online option?
catalog of 1-hour Competency Management WebShops.